Sky War

Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.
Sky War

Fantasy, fiction, literature and art... All these in one!

Light and Darkness

ImmixRikudou
    ImmixRikudou
    Pupil
    Pupil

feminin Scorpion
    Maimuta

Light and Darkness Empty Light and Darkness

Mesaj Scris de ImmixRikudou Vin Mai 08, 2009 2:40 pm

haayy!!
    This is my original story, Light and Darkness.
    To keep it lighter for reading, I will post every chapter in a new post ^^

Please be honest about what you think I can improve, and also don't use my characters without permission. Thank you in advance.

Prologue

There he goes, trough the rain that's pouring down. Silently he cries, though no one sees.
    His black, leather robe fluttered in the non-existing wind. He turns at the sound of a cracking branch.
    Then walked further and speeded his pas, almost running. His black boots splashed in the watery pools on the ground,
    making his also black pants a little wet. He ran and ran, for hours it seemed, until he reached a deserted path.
    A path wich seemed to lead to a village a little further, wich looked like it was buried in the shadow of the full moon.
    He slowed down a bit and followed the path, while rocks blocked his way here and there.

A mercenary with horse and wagon approached him, and stopped when he saw him.
    "Are ya goin' to the town up there?", he asked and pointed with his thumb to the town behind him.
    The boy nodded and the mercenary shook his head.
    "Ain't wise to go there, my boy. Strange things happen in that town, strange things I tell ya!".
    "I see...", the boy replied in a soft voice, almost a whisper.
    He continued his walking, heading for the town still. The mercenary watched him, and again shook his head.
    "Young people these days don't know what's good for 'em", he said and, he too, continued his way, in the opposite direction though.

The young man arrived at the gates of town and made his way in.
    He looked around and stepped towards an old man.
    "Excuse me, old man, but can you tell me where I can find an inn?", he politely asked.
    The old man took a good look at the young one before him. He had a strange aura around him he couldn't quite place.
    "Around the corner on your left, is the Golden Coin inn", he just simply replied.
    The boy thanked and went to the inn as the man had said. He entered and walked to the owners desk.
    "I'd like to hire a room for tonight".
    The owner looked at him and smiled. "Excellent! Your name please?", he asked.
    A pair of black, ice cold eyes looked at him.
    "My name is Sodi".
    ImmixRikudou
    ImmixRikudou
    Pupil
    Pupil

feminin Scorpion
    Maimuta

Light and Darkness Empty Re: Light and Darkness

Mesaj Scris de ImmixRikudou Vin Mai 08, 2009 2:41 pm

Chapter 1

The sunlight shone trough the window, thereby waking up the figure that lay in the bed across.
    "Mmm...Blasted sunlight.."
    Sodi pulled up the covers and turned his back to the window.
    Someone knocked on the door. "Wake up call! Breakfast is ready!", a cheery voice said.
    Sodi ignored it and pulled up the covers more.
    "Sir? You're awake?".
    A silent crack was heard when the door slowly opened.
    "Sir?". The voice was trembling. "A-are you alive?".

Before she knew what was happening she was pushed to the door with great strenght.
    Her body shivered, while she felt his breathing on her face.
    "Who are you?", he whispered.
    She opened her eyes to look at him. "I-I am Yumiko".
    "I'm the inn owner's daughter..", the girl replied.

Sodi looked at her. Her blue sapphire orbs looked at him.
    They held an emotion wich held something between fear and curiosity.
    He released her and walked back to the bed.
    "Sir? I didn't ment to disturb you, or something...", Yumiko said and bowed.
    "I'll be coming in a minute", the shadowy figure just replied.
    The girl stared at him, then nodded.
    "Okay", and the door closed again.

Sodi slowly stood up. He was still wearing the black trousers from the night before.
    His chest was covered with...well at the moment nothing.
    He grabbed the black shirt on the floor and put it on.
    He then stretched out, put on his boots and made his way downstairs.

When he arrived downstairs he walked to the nearest empty table and sat down.
    Immediatly Yumiko brought his breakfast. "Have a nice meal".
    Sodi nodded and began eating the food.
    Five minutes later Yumiko came again to collect his empty plate.
    But instead of walking away she stayed where she was and looked at the dark brunnette.

"What is it?", Sodi asked.
    "Would you like me to guide you around town?".
    Sodi looked at her. "Why you ask?".
    "Well you're new here aren't you?". Sodi nodded.
    "Well then, there's no reason to decline now, is there?", Yumiko winked.
    Sodi chuckled.
    "Well, I have to admit, mylady, that I like your character".
    With her free hand, Yumiko leaned on her hip. "Well then, do we have a deal?".
    "It's not like I can talk you out of it, can I?", Sodi smiled.
    Yumiko laughed. "I'll be cleaning the tables, after that I'm free", she said and walked away.

Sodi looked at her and sniffed.
    "Annoying girl..."
    He then stood up and walked upstairs to his room.
    "If she's gonna guide me around this town, I'd better be equipped".
    ImmixRikudou
    ImmixRikudou
    Pupil
    Pupil

feminin Scorpion
    Maimuta

Mesaj Scris de ImmixRikudou Vin Mai 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Chapter 2

He opened the door and walked downstairs. He had switched his cape to his black vest.
    A red pendant hung on his chest and around his waist hung a sword, on wich you could
    faintly see some bloodstains.

This was his first opportunity to come to know more about this town. He had heard some
    stories on the way, the only question was wich one was actually true.

“There you are”. Yumiko was waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs.
    Sodi softly sighed and greeted her with a friendly handgesture.
    "Took you long enough. Now let's go!", Yumiko said and took a black mantle from a hook.
    Then she opened the door and stepped outside, so did Sodi.

“Ahh, nice weather it is today, don’t you think?, she asked as they walked through the quiet alley where the inn lay.
    Sodi nodded. “Yes, yes it is”.
    But something was strange, he thought. On a sunny day like this, there shouldn’t be fog, even though you almost couldn’t see it, it was still there. Strange.

“Yumiko”.
    “Hm?”
    “Could you tell me something about this town’s history?”
    “Yes I can. But I’m afraid I don’t know that much, since the villagers are very strict about things like digging in the past”, she answered doubtly.
    Sodi nodded. Somehow he’d expected that.
    “Can I ask one question then?”
    Yumiko nodded. “Ofcourse”.
    “Why did you think I was dead when I didn’t reply this morning?”
    Yumiko froze. “Well…that’s…errrmm…”, she stuttered.
    “You said you’d answer, so please do so”, Sodi said with a meaningful tone.

Yumiko hesitated a bit, and then took a deep breath.
    “Well it’s just… in the past, there have been cases of strangers killed in their sleep”.
    She threw her hands before her eyes in terror. “Their faces were white pale and there was blood…”
    Her body started to tremble and she sank on her knees.
    “It’s been quite some time since it happened, but when you didn’t reply this morning I was so scared it happened again… I still have nightmares every night…”, she whispered and tears slided down her cheeks as she silently cried.
    Sodi looked at her. “I’m sorry”, he said and sank down to gently lay a hand on her shoulder. “I shouldn’t have asked”.
    Yumiko smiled a watery smile. “It’s okay. It’s just… I don’t know, but I feel I can trust you with everything”, she laughed.
    ’I don’t think if that’s all to wise, to be honest’, Sodi thought bitter.

“And where do you come from, sir?”, Yumiko asked.
    “Call me Sodi. And I come from a village at the other side of the continent. My family was...murdered. And because I was the only survivor, I became suspect and was chased out of town at the age of twelve”.
    Yumiko gasped. “How long have you been travelling?”
    “For over six years. I’m eighteen now”, Sodi replied.
    “Sounds great, travelling around the world.. I’d love to be able to do that once. But I aren’t allowed out of town”, she sighed.
    “Why not?”
    “The villagers say it’s dangerous for me to go there. And everybody watches me closely”.
    “Sounds kinda fishy to me”, Sodi mumbled.
    “It does? They just care about me I guess”, she smiled.
    ’Oh boy’, Sodi thought. ’I never thought I’d met a girl this naïve in this time and age. And place’.

Continut sponsorizat

Mesaj Scris de Continut sponsorizat

Data/ora curentă este: Vin Mai 17, 2024 11:33 am